Monday, September 30, 2013

Baby shower at the Sky Bar

My friends Amanda, Rose, Cheryl and Jessica surprised me with a baby shower on Friday night of girl's weekend. For the last several years we've gotten together each August in Skykomish for an overnight get away. It's been one of my favorite parts of every summer because we laugh so hard and have such an amazing time. Part of our tradition is to go to the Whistling Post tavern aka the sky bar to share a pitcher of beer and listen to the juke box.

My friends knew I didn't want a big baby shower since I don't enjoy being the center of attention. They threw me a shower at the Sky bar and it was wonderful. Amanda had a cake from the erotic bakery for us to enjoy. At first we were told no cake after dark because a few years ago there had been a huge cake fight and the carpet had been ruined. Luckily we looked like "respectable" young women so the owner let us have the cake and the girls put up decorations. 

The girls spoiled me with lots of gifts for baby Monkey. It was a wonderful and very meaningful way to celebrate Monkey's arrival with my oldest friends. I loved that they incorporated such a great tradition filled with favorite memories into my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment