Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Adventure Week Day Five: Tuesday Home Alone

On today's adventure Declan stayed home with me and Elias stayed home with Grammy and Papa. It was very rainy outside so we decided everyone should have a day off to recover at home from all of our adventures. Declan and I decided to make play dough for an Easter Bunny present for both Elias and Declan. It wasn't such a great idea since Declan only slept for 30 minutes today during his nap time. He wanted to help stir the play dough which was great except for that he also kept trying to taste it which wasn't so great because it is very, very salty and he kept spitting it out. I was getting frustrated because he was whining and very needy and wanted to stand on his stool all the time and try to reach for things in the kitchen. I tried to give him a snack and drink of milk, or crackers, but he wasn't interested and only wanted to eat  play dough or the food coloring. Eventually I got frustrated and we quit making play dough and I started making dinner. He tried to help with that and just when I was on my last straw with the whining, he came over took my hand led me over to the couch curled up on my lap and asked me to read him a story. What a sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment